Our purpose is to use the Power of Communication to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities
- Resourcing decisions: Balances resources to enable completion of tasks assigned to RAN sites, calling on available data (MIS). Implements effective out-of-hours arrangements based on the business need in the area; assesses the suitability of attendance hours, spread and initiates appropriate actions.
- Technical awareness: Builds a good understanding of Radio Access Network and Rigging operations by spending time with their team in the field at Radio Sites, learning about different disciplines and working alongside their engineers to support team success
- Area ownership: Accountable for execution of work in the Radio Area (planned and reactive), prioritisation of work allocated to the Radio sites. Understands the performance of the Radio sites as per performance dashboard, including Safety, Quality and Costs
- People: Creates a high performing team, coaching engineers on Continuously Improving ways of working.
- Transformation/Continuous Improvement: Uses CI tools and techniques to drive improvement activities in the Area involving engineers. Is commercially aware and understands business rationale for such improvement activities.
- Communication & engagement: Communicates effectively by delivering and contextualizing key messages (good and bad news, change and transformation) in a way which makes information impactful and relevant.
- Health & Safety: Ensures the work in the Area is delivered safely by engineers. Has people’s well-being in mind when making decisions
- Confident working at extreme heights in all Weathers
- Able to express ideas, explanations or opinions in a way that is appropriate to the situation, and understandable to audience.
- Creating a high performing culture where everyone can give their best, feel engaged and empowered to do the right thing for our customers, business and our people.
- Delivery of transformational programs and initiatives
- Previous use of CI tools and techniques to drive improvement
- You’ll have a strong track record of leading large geographically spread teams
- Able to establish and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships and facilitates mutually beneficial negotiations to develop solutions
- Experience in health, safety and wellbeing of an operational workforce engaged in high-risk activities in accordance with BT’s Health & Safety policy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A