In this job you’ll help drive our Group wide and cross brand Design System initiative. As part of our core front end squad you’ll be enabling our Consumer delivery squads by producing components, frameworks and tooling which allows them to rapidly build and deploy front end code for websites and applications seen by millions of customers each month. It’s a role where performance, accessibility, security and ease of use are more than a passing consideration.
- Lead the technical analysis and troubleshooting of operational and security related issues
- Analyse site and page speed and help provide performance solutions.
- Coach and mentor junior members
- Bridge between cross CFU Design System and Consumer front end enablement squads
- Ensuring the correct front end patterns are in place in Consumer to leverage the above
- Building and codifying a reusable framework agnostic Design system
- Contribute to tribe ceremonies (stand-up, sprint planning, demo, retrospective)
- Work with Architecture, Engineering teams and other stakeholders to ensure the correct technical decisions are being made to deliver brilliant experiences for both internal and external customers
- Create front end code and tooling to allow Consumer feature squads to deliver at pace
- Write unit tests and other automated tests
- Working closely with the Consumer and Group wide Design and Brand teams
- Contribute to platform technical direction and strategy
- Help build an internal front end chapter and contribute to internal and external conferences/meetups
- Leading multi-site and nearshore / offshore Engineering resources
- Previous experience contributing to a Design System initiative, ideally at scale
- Working with and defining DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to successfully collaborate as part of an Agile development team and with a wide variety of stakeholders
- JS Functional programming experience
- Able to quickly pickup, assess and adapt to new frameworks and tools
- Experienced consuming REST APIs.
- Performance optimisation
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in deploying Serverless with AWS Lambdas
- Experience in driving implementation of test driven approaches (TDD BDD).
- Experience in other front end frameworks/libraries
- Understanding of Terraform Docker, Kubernetes, AWS environments and services
- Application monitoring expertise using Dynatrace, ELK or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Design
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A