- Responsible for ensuring security is designed into BT’s future networks and services, the Security Consultant Specialist will lead on, and be accountable for, ensuring security weaknesses are identified and remediated through design and implementation of major programmes and projects. You will be dealing with multiple programmes and projects at any time, leveraging industry leading skills and knowledge to keep BT safe from nation state level actors.
- Able to operate across both waterfall and agile delivery methodologies with solid understanding of both methodologies
- Build relationships with the business and acts a single point of contact for security on projects where necessary
- Accountable for providing industry leading expert security advice into the design and delivery multiple programmes and projects, including key strategic programmes critical to BT’s future to identify security weaknesses and propose appropriate remediation
- Act as a secondary resource to Security Architects
- May organises skills matrices, cross skilling and training for their expertise area and coach and mentor Security Consultant Professionals
- Act as an industry leading expert, guiding the industry in its direction of travel and continually enhancing knowledge to retain absolute world-class expertise. May represent BT on a number of external bodies to drive security across the wider industry.
- Drives security pattern design and implementation for consistency and repeatability.
- Empowered to make security decisions on critical security systems and controls
- May drive security delivery projects within these programmes and also provides some form of an architectural steer where required
- Accountable for overseeing implementation of remediation’s and escalating security weaknesses that are not being addressed prior to launch
- A strong ability to work on their own initiative, prioritise and manage customer expectations
- Able to work collaboratively across teams to meet security objectives
- Previous experience with Mobile or Fixed Line Networks, or computer security with large programmes
- An ability to demonstrate an open-minded attitude, objectivity and confidence to provide a consultancy-based service
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree qualification or Security Qualification preferred
- Industry leading knowledge and track record of experience of one or more security domains.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A