Monitors, restores service, changes, supports, and handles day-to-day activities 7/24/365 required to run the mission critical systems for the company ensuring business service levels are met and environments are managed. Monitors and ensures service restoration of infrastructure, applications (online and offline), and security, while meeting service level agreements. Provides the Help/Service Desk support, as well as coordinates and facilitates Incident Management, deploys changes to the production environment, and engages 3rd party providers contracted to the Bank during an incident. Provides immediate response to production program or system problems. Participates in testing cycles to ensure the ability to deploy and operability of infrastructure and applications. Deploys, implements, provisions applications and infrastructure per deployment plans and infrastructure build guides.
- Proactively monitors system performance and identifies operational improvements, in ensuring smooth and consistent customer and business partner delivery.
- Drives and/or promotes new processes, systems, technology, and operations and expanded capabilities for performance, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the project teams and deliverables.
- Supports deployment activities, managing implementation issues to resolution.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Collaborates and engages with the appropriate areas across the bank.
- Monitors technical infrastructure, applications and/or business transactions through automated systems and instrumentation across the environment.
- Provides initial triage, investigation and resolution of incidents. This may include automated code to production, automated recovery scripts and runbook execution.
- Provides end to end technology support including computer, applications, network and storage, and root-cause analysis etc.
- Deploys automated code to production.
- Provides initial triage, investigation and ensures fast turnaround times on issue/incident resolution.
- Provides inbound call assistance to end-users for application, technical, and IMACD needs leveraging the knowledge base and/or run books available.
- Develops or helps to develop the knowledge assets required for the operation.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Technical and/or business functional knowledge of systems, tools, timing, and dependencies.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Understanding of Information Technology operating processes used for systems to ensure effective delivery including but not limited to IT
- Operations mandatory operating standards for monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Knowledge of support and operations practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically 1- 2 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A