- The Corporate Communications Director, based in London, will be a critical team member of the Global Corporate Communications team responsible for planning, executing and tracking impactful communications engagements for BII and BlackRock’s broader thought leadership initiatives. The successful candidate will contribute to the Global Corporate Communications team in the core areas of media relations, employee communications, digital content and channel management, public affairs, issues and crisis communications, all to enhance the BlackRock corporate and commercial brand through BII’s thought leadership content.
- The candidate will report to both the Head of BII and the Head of BlackRock Corporate Communications, EMEA, and – leveraging the reach of the Corporate Communications team globally, and partnering with other functions across the firm such as Marketing and Public Policy – will be accountable for the global impact of BII content with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain metrics for gauging the impact of BII in print, digital, social and broadcast media.
- Pursue partnerships with third-party media platforms for BII’s digital engagement and help develop and execute a digital comms strategy to support BII.
- Collaborate closely with senior BII and BSI thought leaders as well as BII Publishing, to drive critical communications programs for the teams, including developing a media strategy and story ideas to increase the impact of BlackRock thought leadership content.
- Develop close relationships with influential journalists and media specializing in financial markets, macroeconomics, asset allocation, portfolio construction and sustainable investing, across all media, particularly print and broadcast, to reinforce
- BlackRock’s position as the leading asset manager globally.
- Ability to build relationships with senior BII and other BlackRock executives (e.g. BSI), and key journalists and editors around the world.
- Track record of working effectively with senior executives.
- Solid knowledge of financial markets and macroeconomics. Experience in portfolio construction content a plus.
- Adaptable and reliable with a strong “can do” attitude
- Thorough understanding of capital markets and issues facing institutional and individual investors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, global environment to meet tight deadlines.
- An energetic team player and driven self-starter, with a positive mindset and excellent work ethic.
Qualification & Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in media relations and issues management in the financial services industry and/or in a leading PR agency.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A