Website Big 5 Sporting Goods
With over 430 stores located throughout the western United States, Big 5 Sporting Goods is the neighborhood store that gets you ready to play. For over 60 years, everything we do comes down to having the most talented individuals on our team and a Part-time Assistant Manager position is the perfect career opportunity for the sports and outdoor enthusiast. The qualities of our team members serve as a foundation for future growth and our managers provide leadership and direction to the entire store team. Our Part-time Assistant Manager gains knowledge and experience, required for promotion to higher management positions under direction of experienced personnel, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. A well-defined training program will be provided to help you develop your way in our management structure. Candidates who apply for this position should be enthusiastic, energetic, sports-minded people with solid customer service backgrounds and/or educational paths well-suited for the industry.
- Opening and closing of the store
- Staffing the store with “service” oriented associates.
- Performing customer sales and service
- Answering customer inquiries from telephone calls
- Setting promotional signage
- Enforcement of all company policies
- Directing sales and cashier associates throughout the store
- Training newly hired associates
- Merchandising and compliance of all company policies
- Learning and providing product descriptions
- Proposing add-on sales.
- Checking and retrieve merchandise from storage areas
- Light to moderate lifting may be required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must possess effective and demonstrable interactive and communicative skills.
- Flexible Scheduling.
- Must possess basic organizational and/or applicable math skills.
- Upon accepting an offered position, candidate will be subject to E-Verify and background checks.
- Organize, restock , and clean merchandise on the sales floor
- Inventory control and enforcement of loss prevention policies
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must possess High School diploma, GED, High School Equivalency, certificated equivalent and/or relevant experience.
Company: Big 5 Sporting Goods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Arvada, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A