Website Bath And Body Works
The Project Engineer focus is on strategic and tactical needs of distribution, fulfillment and shipping facilities. They will provide technical support for on-going , long-term enterprise capacity planning. Support data analysis; material handling automation systems, process improvement strategies; detailed labor planning and optimization; procurement and implementation of automated systems, and support technical engineering for all operations and facilities projects. Ability to identify, quantify, and recommend operations improvements and systems enhancements initiatives leading to improved efficiencies.
- Develop project management skills, becoming competent in all phases of project administration and vendor coordination
- Effectively manage relationships and performance of external resources (Suppliers, Consultants and Contractors)
- Work within a team of engineers in support of cross-functional partner and distribution center operations.
- Create and support engineered labor standards for accurate performance of new or existing labor management systems
- Design, procure, install, and support automated material handling system
- Perform data analysis and results summaries of enterprise growth plans and their relative impact on distribution and fulfillment center capacity requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- Active membership and involvement in related professional organizations a plus
- College graduate (BS minimum) in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 – 7 years of experience in work related to design, development and implementation of material handling and storage systems, facilities planning, and distribution center operations and warehouse management systems.
- Effectiveness in working within a team/ matrix organization
- Understanding of material handling engineering, work measurement, warehouse management and process automation systems a plus
- Hands on experience in retail and consumer direct operations, business processes, process re-engineering/ design, productivity improvement, cost reduction in progressive businesses, and a proven track record of successful project management work.
- Demonstrated diagnostic, problem solving, or technical thinking
- PMI membership and PMP certification a plus.
- SQL, Oracle, or other relational database management or analytics a plus
- Excellent communication skills across a broad range of organizational levels and functions
Company: Bath And Body Works
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A