Website Bass Pro Shops
Under the supervision of the Group Sales or Department Manager gives daily direction to the associates in one of the departments within the store, to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, stocking and customer service activities.
- Assists the GSM / DM with: coordination of all “Special Events”; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items.
- Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GSM / DM and HR Manager.
- Execute all merchandising directives….i.e. “Top 25 list”, “Extreme Savings” items, etc. & maintain all plan-o-grams as set by the Corporate Office.
- Supports GSM / DM in achievement of Departmental Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals.
- Remains Product “expert” through ongoing product knowledge training; conducts product demos to entire staff.
- Insure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Provide daily direction to the associates within the department.
- Assist the GSM / DM and Human Resources Manager to staff the department with “service” oriented associates; participates in interviewing and makes recommendations for selection; coordinates training; consults with GSM and gives input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepares weekly work schedules; coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
- Maintains a high level of personal Customer Service; achieves better than Company average customer service results (surveys, secret shops, etc.).
- Prepare to-do / Task lists.
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public.
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-4 years in Retail Sales / Supervision experience is a plus
Company: Bass Pro Shops
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Broken Arrow, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A