Website Bass Pro Shops
In general, the Recruiter handles all recruitment activities pertaining to filling roles of a specific pre-selected function of the business or by leadership type. This will include non-exempt & exempt roles primarily located at our Springfield Base Camp (our headquarters), but may also encompass other locations. Knowledge of all departments within the business is critical. Activities of this position include relationship building with both hiring managers and active/potential candidates, screening/interviewing candidates, sourcing candidates through multiple avenues and understanding best-match for candidates and the department. The position must aid in the development of recruitment strategies that align with business unit goals and key initiatives. This position is also responsible for all actions that assist in filling the level of positions listed above through practices such as college partnerships, internships, pipelining candidates, position advertisements, sourcing as well as career fairs.
- Process Improvement and Training: Continually strives to improve recruitment processes and strategies. Monitors employment laws and policies, hiring processes, and makes recommendations for change as needed. Provides information and training to hiring manager during hiring manager meetings and/or in classroom setting. Attends training as requested and as needed through various avenues to continue to build and learn recruiting best practices.
- Recruitment: Works closely with hiring managers and business partners to identify the recruitment needs of the department. Manages the requisition process through the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), develops recruitment plans, proactively manages the process of filling positions, has the foresight to manage through challenges and provides solutions/remedies to difficult situations, and provides guidance to the hiring manager.
- Guidance provided includes, but not exclusive: requisition management, behavior based methodology, interpreting policies and procedures, and providing recommendations, sharing best practices, educating and ensuring compliance, partnering with managers to source quality candidates, non-traditional remedies that are within guidelines and policies, offer administration, initiating onboarding.
- Relationship Building: The Recruiter institutes superior customer service skills and ensures the job seeker/candidate and hiring managers have an experience that is: fair and informed, supports the company vision and values, consistent, unbiased and supporting EEO guidelines, positive and establishes a good partnership.
- Sourcing: Formulates responsive recruiting strategies and proactively identifies effective sources or other creative techniques to identify the best pool of candidates in a timely and cost effective manner. Utilizes various methods to source for the positions including resume searches, employee referral, internal posting program, building a network and networking activities, social media, college recruitment, job fairs, online and print advertising, and recruitment activities. The Recruiter develops strategy for job fairs and represents Bass Pro Shops at job fairs and college campuses.
- The Recruiter will also create networks based on their responsible positions for the business and pro-actively create pipelines of passive candidates sourced.
- Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer.
- Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred Degree: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 2+ years in recruiting
Company: Bass Pro Shops
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Human Resources
Job Location: Springfield, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A