Repair and maintain components used for aircraft avionics and mission systems. Maintain records related to the maintenance performed on the aircraft. Technicians rely on the pilot’s description of a problem to find and fix faulty equipment. Role will be initially based in Wichita for training. The duration of training will be approximately 1 year. The successful candidate will be required to relocate to Georgia after the completion of training in Wichita.
- Completes all required maintenance records in accordance with AFTO 781 forms and TO 00-20-1.
- Presents a clean and neat work area to our customers.
- Interprets technical manuals, drawings and blueprints.
- Replaces defective units, repairs wiring and modifies aircraft as required.
- Based on in-flight analysis and/or evaluation of information received from the customer, diagnoses problems and takes corrective action.
- Perform preflight and post flight, turn around inspection and aircraft servicing when required.
- Works from aircraft orders, wiring diagrams, oral and written instructions to perform job duties.
- Performs the functional testing required to isolate a customer complaint in a particular avionics system and repairing that aircraft system.
- Accurately records time worked on a work order.
- Troubleshoots problems to defective units or wiring discrepancies.
- Knowledge of computers and their operation
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Knowledge of the English language
- General knowledge of the combined federal regulations
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus comprehensive knowledge of aircraft avionics/electrical/mission systems.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to read and understand aircraft wiring diagrams
- Ability to legally operate a motorized vehicle
- Ability to perform basic communications
Qualification & Experience:
- High school education or equivalent required. Previous military experience in the field of avionics preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wichita, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A