The Associate Merchandiser is responsible for independently managing, through partnership with the cross functional team, a specific piece of the Merchandiser’s larger, overall product classification. The Associate is accountable for merchandise management that meets or exceeds the financial goals of the category.
- Manage Assistant Merchant and ensure daily responsibilities are being completed, including on order tracking and follow up, PO sample tracking and daily reporting
- Analyze sales and customer trends and make adjustments to maximize the business.
- Own season assortment planning, line development and merchandise selection (editing)
- Partner with design team to effectively combine create strategy with line plan
- Assess progress of line and ensure that it fits to overall product category themes
- Maintain an understanding of the target customer profile through market data and competitive shopping analysis
- Identify down trending classes, and implement new ideas to address the business needs
- Partner with planning team on style and classification management
- Develop ongoing strategies on pricing and product placement with a retail point of sale strategy
- Oversee line and financial plans with accountability for meeting and exceeding goals of a product category; Initiate regular touch bases with Merchant to discuss progress
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams
- Strong analytical and business acumen skills with ability to make sound business and financial decisions related to product and selling strategies.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Understanding of fashion trends and how they relate to the Aero customer
- Commitment to learning and continuous development
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in merchandising or buying, preferably within a vertical retail organization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater New York City Area
Application Deadline: N/A