The Associate HR Specialist (LOA Concierge) is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) model, focusing on leave of absence (LOA) process coordination in partnership with the 3rd party Leave Administrator and Corporate teams. This position serves as a local subject matter expert who offers guidance on LOA policies and procedures and provides support to Ross Buying Office (BO) associates when considering a leave of absence, during their leave, and throughout the transition back to work from leave. This activity will occur while maintaining compliance with Ross policies as well as federal, state and local regulations. This position will collaborate with HRBPs and other departments to ensure compliance and consistency with applicable policies and laws and to escalate problem resolution as necessary. This role must focus on creating a quality customer experience and effective communication with our internal clients (associates, HRBPs, etc.) throughout the entire leave process. This role will also provide back-up and support to other members of the HR Administration team as needed.
- Coordinate associate’s return to work process including Mother’s Room administration.
- Assist with HR related inquiries or requests, with an emphasis on leave of absence administration and disability accommodation as well as pay and benefits during leave.
- Effectively document, analyze and resolve leave related issues including accommodations.
- Identify the need for, conduct, and document the Interactive Process per ADA guidelines. Communicate with identified stakeholders the progress and results of the Interactive Process. Assist in identifying modified duty and/or alternative work assignments (when applicable) or help determine whether to grant extended leave as an ADA accommodation. Document interactions using Service Now (SNOW) and prepare appropriate documentation including approved ADA/EXT letters.
- Support associates through the leave claim filing process, including review and explanation of materials, answering questions, and providing guidance.
- Respond to associate’s inquiries throughout their entire leave and provide appropriate explanation when needed.
- Consult with HRBPs and Manager with respect to the application of leave administration and disability accommodations in accordance with applicable laws and Ross policies.
- Provide detailed information, either in person or by telephone or email, about the leave process to all levels of associates.
- Detail oriented with accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of leave policies and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to handle a high volume of time-sensitive responsibilities.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Human Resources with an emphasis on leave of absence administration handling FMLA, PDL, ADA, USERRA, Personal etc.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to use thoughtful judgment on complex and sensitive issues. Ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with diverse groups of associates.
- Customer service driven.
Qualification & Experience:
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to adapt and effectively manage change.
- High level of integrity in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross-functional environment. Ability to consult with all levels of management.
- Ability to gather and organize information from a variety of sources to identify problem areas, and to make recommendations or execute resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with a team.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel and OneNote) and HR systems (i.e. PeopleSoft).
- Takes initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and to follow established policies and procedures consistently.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A