Website Duke Energy
This position will support business development efforts for complex renewable energy projects across Duke Energy’s regulated jurisdictions with multiple internal and external stakeholders. The Associate Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing project development activities across a portfolio of wind and solar projects. The Associate, under the direction of the individual project Development Managers, will be responsible for all elements of advancing development including, initial siting, obtaining land control by negotiating leases or purchase options, engaging in community and stakeholder outreach, applying for and obtaining permits, securing interconnection rights, and negotiating, structuring, and executing engineering, procurement and construction contracts. In addition, the Associate will create and update project financial pro forma models to conduct preliminary deal screening and returns analysis; prepare investment memoranda for project funding approval, and support filings to obtain regulatory approval for the utilities’ investment in the asset. The Associate will also support the issuance of utility RFPs for renewables, project acquisitions, and work with the Development team to develop market assessments, regulatory and policy reviews of target markets, and growth strategy and execution plans for senior management.
- Develop project models to assess project returns and recommend deal terms necessary to close transactions.
- Structure, negotiate, and execute land control agreements.
- Structure, negotiate, and execute EPC agreements.
- Prepare and submit project proposals into competitive project procurement processes.
- Explore and assess energy and renewable energy markets, trends, customers and competitors.
- Generate business leads and opportunities to grow the project pipeline.
- Prepare project development plans, budgets, schedules, and capital budgets.
- Structure, negotiate, and execute interconnect agreements.
- Apply for and obtain zoning and conditional use permits.
- Develop partner relationships, both internally and externally, that can assist in the growth of the business and closing deals.
Qualification & Experience:
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree(s), 5 plus year(s) related work experience and HS/GED.
- Professional approach, proven good judgment, creative problem-solving capability.
- Ability to understand the key commercial and legal aspects of major contracts in the industry (Leases, Land Purchase Options, Generator Interconnect Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Agreements, Operation and Maintenance Agreements, Asset Management Agreements, etc.).
- Excellent ability to work independently.
- MBA degree
- Excellent organization, follow-up skills, and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related degree
- In addition to required degree, 2 plus years related work experience
- Experience in working in a matrix-based organization.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A