Website Pacific Sunwear
Assigned a specific product classification within a Department to design while maintaining the responsibilities of Design Associate. Begin to create and execute original design concepts to formulate seasonal concepts that are market right. Design products from concept through completion with a focus on function, quality and creativity. Train under Design Manager to develop skills necessary to successfully complete the design process. Continue to aide Manager in prior assistant role while simultaneously learning new designer role. Person must be able to manage competing demands and meet deadline for both positions. Uphold the highest standards of excellence in communication to establish and maintain strong relationships with both team members and all Pacific Sunwear business partners. Position reports to the Senior Line Manager if there is one in the area or a Designer.
- Work with Designer in establishing initial pattern concepts in prints, yarn dyes, and graphics
- Familiarizes themselves with the trim marketing in search of new developments and interesting details that help distinguish the product from the competition.
- Begins to contribute to seasonal trends, themes, colors and styling.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Responsible for following through handloom strike offs & approvals.
- Establish color direction & standards for given segment, following through with approvals, insuring they are coordinated among different fabrics, trims and product categories.
- Helps develop fabrics that are new, current and aesthetically appropriate for the brand, while adhering to productions and costing requirements.
- Presents trend direction for given segment in Concept meetings as well as in team meetings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer PC, MAC and CAD experience
- Working knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, textiles and current finishing techniques and processes.
- 3-5 years design experience, which includes fabric sourcing, technical design, trim development and color training and practical experience.
Qualification & Experience:
- Adobe illustrator, Mictrografx, and Photoshop skills
- Timely sense of trends and market direction encompassing color, fabric, and silhouette
- Four year Bachelor Degree preferred in either the Arts or Sciences.
- PDM Training
Company: Pacific Sunwear
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anaheim, California
Application Deadline: N/A