PetSmart is a retailer unlike any other; we don’t just sell products, we provide solutions that foster happy and healthy homes for pets and pet parents. Our Assistant Store Manager lead the operations through that lens and oversee all aspects of our retail store—from head to tail!
- Pet Parent Engagement: You’ll work with your teams to build strong relationships with our pet parents and pets and ensure their safety and well-being within the store. This also includes taking care of our live pets and ensuring our store is stocked with merchandise.
- Associate Leadership: As a leader in the store, you’ll help to hire and train new associates on all things PetSmart! You’ll engage with and motivate them to continue to grow their skills and knowledge throughout their career.
- Overall Retail Initiatives: In partnership with your Store Manager, you’ll execute on all strategic merchandising initiatives, drive sales, and set standards of success within our retail store.
- It’s the joy of reuniting Frankie with her family after a fun stay in our Pets Hotel.
- It’s the pride of the giving Mickey a makeover in our salons watching him strut his stuff on the way out. Paws off, ladies, he’s taken!
- It’s the little things we do that add up to really big things that pets need.
- It’s the celebration of Bella’s birthday, Gizmo’s graduation from puppy classes or Ace’s adoption.
- It’s the relief Rosie feels when you help her mom select the best food for her upset tummy and her delight when it turns out to be chicken flavored!!
- It’s the excitement you feel when you help a little one pick out his very first fish. And not just any goldfish, but that one, right there, no not that one, this one, yea!
Qualification & Experience:
- Tackle the challenge of a new store opening or turning around a struggling store
- Develop your leadership skills as a Store Manager then a District Manager
- Transfer to any one of our 1600 stores nationwide
- Gain experience in a different business unit—from the store to the salon or the Pets Hotel
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A