The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for providing organizational support to the Merchandising team and partnering with their Merchandiser on the running of the day-to-day. He/she leverages organizational & analytical skills, as well an eye for relevant trends, to support the brand and the achievement of financial goals.
- Take detailed notes during line reviews with Design; Follow thru on any outstanding issues.
- Understand the different roles of the cross-functional team and how they relate to the Merchandising role.
- Partner with Production to update and monitor on-order and shipping reports; Surface any potential issues to supervisor.
- Liaise with cross functional partners (ex. compliance) to help manage the Merchandise Direct business.
- Ensure all information and samples are set up and organized for easy access by all team members.
- Proactively seek out new opportunities to grow the business and further personal & professional development.
- Develop an understanding of weekly reports and source of statistical data.
- Work with Planning and Allocation to oversee the PO process.
- Work to increase knowledge by combining reports and formulating conclusions.
- Maintain on order tracking and follow up, PO sample tracking and daily reporting.
- Run selling reports and analyze to identify best and slow sellers; Review with team to determine how information should be interpreted and reacted to.
- Filter information to draw inferences, create solutions, and adjust strategies to maximize the business and drive the merchandising process forward.
- Visit stores and shop competitors to understand promotional strategies and customer base.
- Possess knowledge of overall department to be able to provide team members with all requested information.
- Anticipate department needs for milestone meetings each season.
- Develop relationships with cross-functional team members (Design, Production, Planning & Allocation, etc.).
- Commitment to learning and continuous development.
- Must be able to learn new system.
- Understanding of retail math concepts.
- Must be able to develop relationships at all levels and work in a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of the youth market and Aero customer.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Process-oriented mindset with creative problem solving ability.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater New York City Area
Application Deadline: N/A