From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection.
Our new Roastery retail environment encourages customers to interact with the Starbucks roasters and baristas to deepen their understanding of the art behind sourcing, roasting and brewing rare coffees harvested around the globe. With Starbucks unique, small batch process taking center stage, the Roastery transforms specialty coffee and reframes what is possible to do within the four walls of a retail environment.
As the assistant general manager, you’ll provide inspirational operational leadership, expertise and support to all Roastery retail operations. The majority of your time will be spent directing and guiding the team of store leaders, department specialists and partners to deliver the Roastery experience and business results within the store. When not in the store, you’ll be connecting with our local leaders and community partners to further enhance the Starbucks brand.
- Leverage your past leadership experiences to navigate ambiguity while learning as you go
- You’ll engage your local market peers to generate a talent pipeline in to and out of the Roastery
- You’ll orchestrate collaboration between people leaders and functional leaders to deliver a sophisticated retail & dining experience to our customers and drive business results
- You’ll guide partners on their career journey through meaningful development conversations and opportunities
- Ability to recruit, assess, train, develop and promote partners
- Experience in financial planning, forecasting, analysis, and profit and loss responsibility
- Ability to increase store sales and profitability
- Leadership experience with lifestyle based experiential brands, hospitality, big-box and/or specialty retail, restaurants and/or fine dining preferred
- Experience with effective decision-making and operational problem-solving
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working across functional business units to develop effective business solutions that align with company and business unit/department objectives
- 8 – 10 years of progressive experience managing in multi-unit, high volume, retail, restaurant, and/or service organizations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A