Website Toys 'R' Us
Retail and entertainment leaders who love interacting with people, entertaining crowds, and of course… TOYS, are qualities that will establish our successful candidate as Assistant Manager of Toys R Us Adventure within our sprawling exhibit and entertainment venue on Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile!
You must crave the opportunity to share your love of basketball and put smiles on people’s faces through leading and developing a high performing customer-service oriented team.We are on the hunt for playful, creative, and proactive leaders to provide the ultimate experience for our guests.
You are customer-centric, friendly, and solutions-oriented…and have an appreciation of our passion for toys!
- Problem-solve obstacles with and for your team, to guarantee an outstanding guest experience
- Maintain a high-energy and positive spirit with your team, even in the “not so sweet” moments when challenges arise
- Support GM in scheduling, time and attendance reporting, and skill placement of team members
- Assist in orienting, training, and nurturing friendly and happy team members. Position the right team members in roles where they can best impact company goals
- Follow, and lead team members to comply with, all safety and operational procedures
- Multi-task within a rapidly moving entertainment environment, with a high volume of guests
- Energetically resolve all guest experience concerns
- Support Retail department via inventory management/reconciliation and team member training
- Maintain housekeeping standards via direct involvement and team member/janitorial oversight
- Engage with and entertain guests at all times, acting as a Toys R Us Adventure brand ambassador
- Provide break coverage for Toys R Us Adventurers and Retail team members
- Energy, agility, adaptability, and flexibility
- Desire to entertain and intense work ethic – our “play” is our work
- Available to work 25-30 hours per week, including nights & weekends.
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, with continual emphasis on guest experience
- Strong ability to lead others and nurture their creativity
Qualification & Experience:
- Pull, push, and lift
- Reach both above and below shoulder height; multiple dexterity
- Stoop to lift, move and retrieve materials
- Bend and reach
- Stand for extended periods
- Climb up and down stairs
Company: Toys ‘R’ Us
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
Application Deadline: N/A