Website Toys 'R' Us
We are on the hunt for playful, creative, and proactive leaders to provide the ultimate experience for our guests.
You are customer-centric, friendly, and solutions-oriented…and have an appreciation of our passion for toys!
As an Assistant Manager, you have the unique and incredible responsibility for nurturing our retail and performing team members, as well as our guests. You will help to cultivate a fun, safe, and respectful work environment for all team members. You will support the General Manager in delivering on-time and effective operational, staffing, and guest experience-related results.
- Assist in orienting, training, and nurturing friendly and happy team members. Position the right team members in roles where they can best impact company goals
- Support GM in scheduling, time and attendance reporting, and skill placement of team members
- Engage with and entertain guests at all times, acting as a Toys R Us Adventure brand ambassador
- Energetically resolve all guest experience concerns
- Follow, and lead team members to comply with, all safety and operational procedures
- Problem-solve obstacles with and for your team, to guarantee an outstanding guest experience
- Maintain a high-energy and positive spirit with your team, even in the “not so sweet” moments when challenges arise
- Multi-task within a rapidly moving entertainment environment, with a high volume of guests
- Provide break coverage for Toys R Us Adventurers and Retail team members
- Support Retail department via inventory management/reconciliation and team member training
- Maintain housekeeping standards via direct involvement and team member/janitorial oversight
- Desire to entertain and intense work ethic – our “play” is our work
- Strong ability to lead others and nurture their creativity
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, with continual emphasis on guest experience
- Energy, agility, adaptability, and flexibility
- Available to work 25-30 hours per week, including nights & weekends.
Qualification & Experience:
- Stand for extended periods
- Bend and reach
- Climb up and down stairs
- Stoop to lift, move and retrieve materials
- Pull, push, and lift
- Reach both above and below shoulder height; multiple dexterity
Company: Toys ‘R’ Us
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
Application Deadline: N/A