Assets Protection (AP) teams function to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests and meet financial goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft and creating awareness and educating team members on operational shortage priorities.
- Plan and follow-up on operational change.
- Educate and support store teams on operational shortage priorities.
- Communicate, influence and educate AP priorities to the team, peers and leadership.
- Build a strong partnership with the Store Director.
- Lead and model the safety culture in store by recognizing safe behaviors and identifying and resolving safety hazards and unsafe behaviors; investigate injuries that occur to determine root cause and resolved through appropriate action plans and partnerships.
- Execute strategies led by your business partner to deliver business results while prioritizing the guest experience.
- Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
- Establish a culture of accountability through clear expectations and performance management.
- Identify theft and shortage trends in your store.
- Identify shortage risks in key divisions and work with other leaders to develop tactics that will reduce shortage and drive profitable sales.
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs based on safe and secure and theft patterns (this includes early morning/overnight shifts, evening and weekends).
- Develop schedules and deploy resources based on safe and secure and theft trends.
- Know your role in supporting total store sales and increase profitability by ensuring product is in stock and available to our guests.
- Lead, influence and validate physical security and safety processes; lead store response and emergency crisis situations; create plans for in-store events.
- Educate teams on emergency preparedness and physical security procedures.
- Develop, coach and lead your team to elevate the skills and expertise of the team .
- Anticipate staffing needs and partner with your leader to effectively talent plan.
- Own the prevention, identification and resolution of external theft incidents.
- Support internal investigations led by an AP executive leader in your market and/or your leader.
- Experience identifying strategic resolutions of external theft and fraud and apprehending individuals attempting to cause a loss, in accordance with Target policy
- Experience partnering, educating and supporting store business leaders on operational shortage priorities
- Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, evaluating and retaining talent
- Ability to lead a safe and secure culture, including crisis response, a strong safety environment and crowd management planning, providing support to both guests and team members
- Skills in planning department AP daily/weekly workload priorities to support business priorities and deliver on goals
- Knowledge in how to respond to external theft incidents and how to prevent future theft
Qualification & Experience:
- Lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- Effective communication skills
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Previous retail and/or loss prevention experience preferred, but not required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fenton, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A