As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, “I love Target!” When you work at Target, you’re helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You will deliver a destination shopping experience by providing a safe and secure environment for our guests and mitigate shortage risks in order to drive sales.
- Take initiative to learn how to be an AP leader by seeking out opportunities for growth and development; continuously learn throughout the internship experience
- Provide new ideas and recommend solutions to business or team opportunities
- Commit to learning Target’s expectations of leaders and use them to personally develop by asking questions and seeking feedback
- Actively participate in internship program training activities, developmental opportunities and events.
- Demonstrate willingness to take risks; step out of comfort zone and take on new assignments
- Partner with leaders regarding TM performance by teaching, coaching, training and delivering timely performance feedback
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance; lead the team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment
- Influence and validate a safe and secure culture by driving physical security and safety processes; lead store response and emergency crisis situations and create plans for in-store events.
- Educate store leaders and teams on emergency preparedness and physical security procedures.
- Identify shortage risks in key divisions and work with other leaders to develop tactics that will reduce shortage and drive profitable sales.
- Support the identification and resolution of internal investigations.
- Identify theft and shortage trends in your store, and develop proactive strategies to prevent shortage and theft.
- Educate and influence store teams on operational shortage priorities.
- Support the prevention, identification and resolution of external theft incidents and investigations.
- Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs based on safe and secure and theft patterns (this includes early morning/overnight shifts, evening and weekends).
- Model the safety culture in store by recognizing safe behaviors and identifying and resolving safety hazards and unsafe behaviors.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
- All other duties based on business needs
- Junior or rising Senior class standing preferred
- Previous retail or security experience preferred, but not required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Manage conflict, lead and hold others accountable
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
Qualification & Experience:
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Act in accordance with company policy
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular work attendance necessary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami Gardens, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A