Website Ashley Furniture
The Safety Coordinator will support the efforts of the Safety Department to ensure compliance with regulatory and company safety standards. This position will support the efforts to promote a secure environment for all Ashley employees and Ashley property. This position will meet with Ashley employees to address safety related issues and conduct safety investigations; maintain safety & training programs and records; develop and facilitate training programs; conduct safety audits. The Safety Coordinator will communicate regularly and work with the Worker’s Compensation Department to review and investigate work-related injury claims.
- Comply with all regulatory standards: update Company safety policies and procedures according to regulatory updates to ensure compliance, advise management regarding regulatory issues, support the abatement of discovered regulatory violations, conduct monthly supervisor safety training, review video and /or photos for possible captured regulatory violations, and conduct new employee orientation sessions.
- Ensure positive employee and internal customer relations by meeting with employees regarding safety issues, resolving employee complaints, abatements and issue follow-up and address safety concerns.
- Assist injured employees by evaluating injuries, bandaging injuries and transporting injured employees to medical facility when necessary.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, training, and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
- Collaborate with the Worker’s Compensation department by reviewing and investigating injuries and their cause, and meeting regularly to review injuries.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Manage day-to day safety related issues: investigate accidents, review employee injuries, and assign individuals to follow up, train staff on new policies and procedures and educate internal staff about all health, safety and security laws, regulations, procedures, etc.
Company: Ashley Furniture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A