If you’re into the kind of leadership that builds a diverse and inclusive team, dedicated to helping our customers be ready for whatever life throws at them, you’ll fit right in as a Shift Manager for our new Local Fulfilment Centre. As the Shift Manager, you’ll provide strong leadership across the LFC operation to ensure a safe, efficient and first-class service is delivered to our customers.
- Identify and nurture talent within the team to drive a succession pipeline for the future
- Lead a team of 3-4 Team Managers, indirectly leading a team of 50-100 colleagues, carrying out daily reviews of workload activity, stock volume and demand within your shift/team.
- Create a customer centric culture across the LFC operation by engaging and inspiring their team.
- Respond to customer demands, and in-day fluctuation in volume, leading the team to deliver in a changing environment
- Be accountable for overseeing van resource to effectively deliver our Fast Track Delivery offer and for stock inventory and stock maintenance, with follow up actions if required
- It’s worth mentioning that we run a 24/7 Logistics operation, so we do look for flexibility in covering holidays and absence — and you may be asked to cover a shift that is not your normal working pattern to ensure we continue to deliver excellent service for our customers. The upside?
- You’ll be part of Sainsbury’s group, so the career possibilities here are unparalleled, meaning that we can help you to drive your development in line with your own aspirations.
- drive a strong team culture with a unified vision: delivering the best possible service to our customers.
- lead a diverse team in a dynamic environment, so making the right decisions and promoting collaboration will be at the top of your agenda.
- Backed by your previous experience within a Fulfilment or Retail operation, you will need to:
- Have knowledge of multi-drop delivery and customer final mile delivery is desirable
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A