The Supervisor, Distribution Design is primarily responsible for managing and leading Engineers and Field Engineering Representatives in support of producing electric and gas distribution and electric sub-transmission for crew construction, in accordance with Ameren Standards.
- Actively participate in performing engineering analysis to make recommendations and manage projects to improve SAIFI, CAIDI, and CEMI.
- Review the monthly Focus and customer satisfaction scores for the division and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure outstanding safety results by actively serving on Safety Committees, leading weekly Department Safety Meetings, conducting field inspections of Engineers and Field Engineering Representatives, and utilizing all proper personal protective equipment.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Division III and function goals. Identify and implement improvements in Division III operations designed to control costs and improve productivity.
- Review quality and accuracy of field notes and designs and work with Engineers, Field Engineering Representatives, construction supervisors, and field employees to resolve issues identified. Verify adherence to all Ameren Standards and policies and the Ameren Illinois’ Standards and Qualifications.
- Review the physical condition of sub-transmission and distribution systems and make engineering recommendations for the replacement of obsolete or inadequate facilities. Effectively utilize and provide technical support relating to the use of the energy delivery business systems.
- Perform distribution planning and engineering analysis of sub-transmission and distribution systems in order to identify capacity or operational deficiencies. Participate in the creation and presentation of the annual Load Analysis Meeting and develop projects to correct and improve the safe and reliable operation of systems.
Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, GIS, Construction Management, Project Management or related technical field plus five or more years of relevant experience (e.g., engineering, design or construction experience on electric or gas distribution lines, GIS, Computer-Aided Drafting, or distributed generation interconnections like solar and wind) required OR an Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology, GIS, Computer-Aided Drafting, Construction Management, Project Management or related technical field and seven years of relevant experience required. Nine years of relevant experience may be consider without required Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A