The energy industry is expecting significant retirement-related turnover over the next ten years. Ameren is seeking a proactive recruiting professional to join the Talent Acquisition Team in their mission to identify, attract and hire future members of our workforce. This position will be responsible for recruiting for the Callaway Energy Center located in Fulton, Missouri. Position will be based in St. Louis with travel to Fulton, Missouri monthly at a minimum.
- Participate on and/or lead projects designed to improve processes.
- Proactively source qualified candidates, ensure a diverse candidate pool, and build networks/pipelines to ensure that critical positions can be filled quickly. Identify new and creative candidate sources (to complement traditional/existing sources).
- Actively lead, support and implement Ameren’s diversity recruiting strategies and efforts.
- Collaborate with HR peers, hiring managers, and other stakeholders to identify creative solutions to challenging recruiting issues (for example, hard to fill positions, difficulty recruiting to remote work locations, etc).
- Collaborate with HR team members to ensure that job descriptions are marketable and clear and that position qualifications are aligned with the responsibilities of the role. Thoroughly pre-screen candidates to ensure that they meet the requirements of the position. Present a high quality slate of candidates to the hiring manager for consideration.
- Ensure that the hiring process is conducted in a values-based and defensible manner. Ensure that the appropriate process and selection related documentation is completed and maintained. Stay abreast of legal and regulatory requirements associated with the employee selection process.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their needs, develop a comprehensive recruitment strategy and facilitate all aspects of the hiring process (including candidate sourcing/screening, selection, offer presentation/negotiation, and preliminary onboarding). Proactively communicate with hiring managers and candidates throughout the process.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and share best practices (related to candidate sources, diversity recruiting, candidate pipelining, etc.) with team members.
Qualification & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. Three or more years of professional-level recruiting experience required. Nuclear recruiting experience highly preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A