Aeropostale is looking for an entry level Allocator to join our team in our Lyndhurst, NJ location. This role is responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels in our stores. They are responsible for initial allocations as well as replenishment of all goods. Allocators work closely with their cross-functional partners to identify and react to business needs.
- Ensure accurate and on-time initial allocation of new floorsets.
- Maintain the financial success of one or more divisions/departments by meeting sales, gross margin and inventory productivity goals.
- Analyze size selling at store level. Make recommendations to improve size ownership going forward.
- Track all inbounding receipts and communicate to cross-functional teams of any possibility of late receipts.
- Work closely with senior team members to devise executable strategies to achieve financial goals. Be able to clearly communicate to cross-functional teams.
- Manage inventory for all carry-forward styles at size to meet financial plan.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division/department/class/style, store, and size.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Planning to replenish product levels in stores to support current forecast.
- Executing sizing and packing strategies to optimize size selling and operational efficiencies at the stores and distribution center.
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional team
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of one year of experience in the retail industry. This can be store or corporate office experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel: Knowledge of Pivot tables and VLookups .Has strong sense of organization, priority, and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lyndhurst, New Jersey, United States
Application Deadline: N/A