As a Store Manager Trainee, you’ll train on all aspects of successfully running a store in preparation for running for your own store. You’ll be involved in supervising day-to-day store activities, ensuring overall store performance, identifying staffing needs, managing schedules and developing operational action plans while mentoring and developing the team.
- Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist direct reports in achieving enhanced performance
- Handles customer concerns and ensures an appropriate resolution
- Ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times, as well as the quality and freshness of ALDI products
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to direct reports to ensure mutual understanding and desired results
- Conducts store meetings
- Conducts annual performance evaluations, recommending store personnel for advancement and termination as appropriate
- Prepares, manages, and revises weekly schedules to ensure appropriate store staffing levels
- Supervises the day-to-day operations and performance of the team to provide the highest level of customer service for the customer
- Assists in the hiring of store personnel by reviewing resumes and employment applications, as well as interviewing candidates
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees
- Ability to understand and apply management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and expenses
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
- Ability to provide and lead others to provide prompt and courteous customer service
- Ability to evaluate and drive performance of self and others
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to establish goals, guide employee performance to ensure the quality and completion of work assignments
Qualification & Experience:
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a retail environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A