This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
- Interacts cooperatively with ALDI personnel, external suppliers and service companies to exchange information and maintain a successful partnership.
- Assists in ordering and securing product for the division to maximize store sales through product availability.
- Verifies the accuracy of scanner retails, price signs, and print advertising.
- Coordinates with suppliers and National Buying team to assure timely and cost-effective delivery of product.
- Works proactively to identify, investigate, and report irregularities within designated area of responsibility.
- Maintains expertise in computer applications within designated area of responsibility.
- Communicates relevant information effectively to/from other business partners.
- Provides administrative support to purchasing leaders and any general office administrative support deemed necessary by divisional management.
- Assists with produce buying through negotiation, product projection and ordering, quality control, and regular communication with suppliers.
- Maintains an efficient and well-organized filing system for the department and ensures items are archived and disposed of per company guidelines.
- Negotiation skills.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Analyzes and interprets data.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business or a related field preferred.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Petersburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A