Website Air Canada
The Business Auditor – Operations is responsible for performing audits of business processes and controls across the Company in all its branches including its subsidiaries. Additionally, and when required, the Business Auditor – Operations will provide support to other department lines of services such as compliance and advisory engagements
- Support the department in other tasks as assigned (e.g., compliance, business audits, investigations, advisory engagements, etc.)
- Provide Corporate Audit & Advisory Manager or Director regular updates on status of work assigned, opportunities and/or issues identified and other relevant project management matters
- Conduct reviews and recurring monitoring activities as assigned and utilize data analytics tools to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the reviews.
- Follow up on open audit issues and ensure audit reports and records are being efficiently and accurately maintained.
- Plan personal work schedule to ensure completion of assigned audits in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Complete all work in preparation for assigned engagements; for the auditor’s own audits, and in support of audits to be done by other team members (e.g., managers, senior auditors, etc.)
- Help maintain an open line of communication with other departments, to assist in identification of red flags related to internal control weaknesses, fraud or ethics issues; and summarize them for the Manager or Director responsible for operational audits or ethics compliance.
- Maintain and enhance the level of knowledge of Air Canada, its subsidiaries and the airline industry in general
- Prepare audit files and working papers in support of findings; prepare audit reports and related correspondence. Report findings and recommendations to appropriate level(s) of management.
- Completed or in final stages of completion of a professional auditing, accounting or risk management designation (e.g., CPA, CRM, CRMP, CIA) will be an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines, achieve objectives and work under pressure (including strong planning and organization skills)
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving and process improvement skills and strong business acumen
- High energy level and self-starter, ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written communications)
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in areas such as risk management, business planning, and advisory, internal auditing, external auditing, or similar
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools will be an asset
- Knowledge of systems used at Air Canada will be an asset
- Experience in the airline industry will be a strong asset
- Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Québec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A