Macy’s, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for Administrative Assistant – Law position located in St. Louis, Missouri. This candidate will provide daily support on administrative and legal matters for several attorneys as well as perform local office and department-wide administrative duties. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated skills in accountability for assignments, attention to details and arranging meeting commitments for attorneys or others as needed.
- Proactively following up on assignments with other employees to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain attorney calendars, including scheduling meetings, responding to invitations, and working through scheduling roadblocks.
- Set-up conference and/or video calls; answer and place telephone calls.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare expense reports and submit receipts using internal expense reporting system.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work assignments from multiple sources and individuals.
- Set-up and maintain hard copy and electronic files; complete filing duties timely.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communication (mail, fax, and e-mail); scan and copy documents.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Maintain and properly close and/or purge files; scan and file correspondence and legal documents into iManage system.
- Use Microsoft Office products to prepare, format and edit documents (memos, letters, agreements, pleadings, motions etc.) and to build and/or maintain presentations, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Perform tasks and manage administrative processes related to legal matters such as drafting and preparing Records Preservation Notices, email litigation holds, severance agreements, pleadings, motions, etc.
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of internal stakeholders and staff as well as third parties such as HR executives, internal business partners, federal, state and local agencies, and opposing counsel.
- Developing and maintaining internal corporate relationships to effectively execute assigned job duties (e.g., Expense Payable, Payroll, Travel, Data Analytics).
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-5 years of administrative experience required.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Windows (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, etc.) and the Internet.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required, Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A