To be the Global Warehousing champion for the integration of systems, people, process. Provide the lead for the evaluation and as applicable the implementation of new global warehousing technologies and material handling equipment (MHE). With a foundation in traditional Industrial Engineering concepts, this position invites the use of technology to the potential solutions. Drive continuous improvement in all adidas group distribution centers.
- Serve as an outside consultant to warehouse operations by acting as a change agent for the business. Work closely with cross-functional teams
- Conduct feasibility studies of various projects to determine the value of an investment and provide an economical justification for capital appropriations. Develop business cases
- Make recommendations for investment in new technologies and improvement of efficiency within the warehouse workflow, including warehouse decision making capabilities, workplace safety, and customer service standards
- Identify opportunities for standardization and sharing of best practices across distribution centers
- Provide technology expertise and solutions to the US East Coast DTC community
- Identify and evaluate facility constraints and improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for leading capital projects from conception to final acceptance
- Present and sell recommendations to all levels of management
- Provide technical expertise for design and optimization of automated, semi-automated, and manual distribution centers
- Identify and evaluate problems and develop solutions to issues related to production, layout, internal flows, utilization, packaging material usage and methods of operations by using proven industrial engineering techniques.
- Provide leadership and milestone tracking on DC projects including retrofits and new facility design
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Implement solutions to reduce operational costs and lower cost per unit.
- Ability to utilize recognized industrial engineering techniques effectively to produce tangible results
- Ability to lead teams through direct reporting relationship, but also through matrix relationships
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and develop project solutions and recommendations
- High degree of self-management and personal drive to improve processes
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Ability to analyze complex processes and drive positive change
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Action-oriented and solution minded team player
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to influence across all levels of management
- Thorough understanding of improvement tools as SIX SIGMA, Kaizen, 5S, Theory of Constraints.
- Thorough understanding of work measurement programs
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or closely related field
- 5 -plus years of experience in a distribution center environment
- A successful track record of Material Handling design, including sortation, conveyor, racking, systems and implementations.
- Experience with Manhattan WMS and warehouse control interfacing.
- Lean 6 Sigma experience
- Competency with Excel, Word, Access and MS Project is required.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD a plus
- Fluent in English, verbal and written communication, multi-lingual abilities a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Supply Chain
Job Location: Scranton, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A