The Senior Sales Planner is a wholesale-facing role that analyses merchandise performance, forecasts future results and partners with adidas and account teams to drive sales and margin growth for both adidas and the wholesaler. Collaborate and coordinate planning activities with key stakeholders both internally and externally for responsible accounts towards achievement of financial goals.
- Contribute to the development of standardized best practice reporting and control methods.
- Lead dynamic game plans that support current & long-term business ambition. Support pre-season go-to-market milestones in collaboration with sales team, while driving planning-led initiatives both internally & with account.
- Build positive working relationships with key account employees within the wholesale account, such as Buyers and Planners.
- Identify opportunities and risks in the business in-season against plan and provides actionable recommendations to improve results.
- Manage franchise, key item and replenishment forecasts and provide guidance to improve accuracy and account sell-through.
- Create key account financial plans across categories that align account KPIs with brand shipment targets with collaborated input from sales, marketing/merchandising, and finance teams. Provide Retail sales, Gross margin, Inventory and Turn forecasts against Plan and Last year for assigned account. Participates in cross-functional alignment on targeting, forecasting, reporting, and analysis.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for Sales Management, Finance and Marketing to provide detailed overview of business performance by account.
- Ensure financial and non-financial managers are provided highly accurate analysis to help support business decisions.
- Analyze and provide detailed insights on total account & banner-level performance. Facilitates internal business review to hindsight brand performance for responsible account(s).
- Ability to think cross functionally and develop solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, stakeholders, cross functional business leaders, sales representatives, peers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to build, plan and flow product assortments based on current trends that can address both targeted objectives and account-specific needs while maximizing sales, margin and inventory turn.
- Industry specific experience preferred
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop creative and innovative solutions within an entrepreneurial environment. Ability to provide in-season recommendations that will further account and adidas performance.
- Strong prioritization skills, the ability to be detail oriented and accomplish assignments simultaneously under tight timelines
- Experience and understanding of developing consumer, retail and competitor trends.
- Strong understanding of retail math and interpreting sell through data to recommend changes that positively impacts the business.
- Advanced excel skills required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A