Website Academy Sports And Outdoors
At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. Our Store Team Members are an essential part of customer service in any Academy store. He/she is responsible for ensuring a fast, friendly customer service, to be able to navigate the abundance of choices Academy has to offer, in addition to impacting customer satisfaction, store profitability, and Academy’s Mission.
- Analyze, draw independent conclusions and present findings and recommendations to achieve company goals and strategic objectives
- Ability to multi-task, and effectively prioritize workload in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment while remaining detailed and organized
- Strong communication skills with individuals at various levels
- Work with minimal supervision, with wide latitude for the use of initiative, discretion and independent judgment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency, able to work both independently and on a team
- Maintain the customer perspective as a driving force behind business decisions and activities
- Build strategic work relationships with category management team, vendors and colleagues
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Working knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems. (Cashier Only)
- Operate and coach others on the use of POS equipment, symbol and telephone (Cashier Only)
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Frequently required to walk, reach, and talk.
- Ability to connect, build rapport and engage with our customers that bond with friends, family, and community through the challenge of sports and outdoor pursuits; bilingual a plus.
- Ability to work flexible schedules such as nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence (Cashier Only)
- Constantly stand, handle, use fingers to grasp and use repetitive motions (hands, wrist and fingers).
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals.
- Constantly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 60 pounds.
Qualification & Experience:
- Loss Prevention or Criminal Justice background is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Operating POS equipment, symbol, and telephone preferred. (Cashier Only)
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- CPR and First Responder certification is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice preferred (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- 4+ years of personal experience with the outdoors hobbies, interests and skill sets; fishing and hunting experience preferred. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational excellence and expected sales targets. (Cashier Only)
Company: Academy Sports And Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Purchasing
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A