Website Academy Sports And Outdoors
At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. Our Store Team Members are an essential part of customer service in any Academy store. He/she is responsible for ensuring a fast, friendly customer service, to be able to navigate the abundance of choices Academy has to offer, in addition to impacting customer satisfaction, store profitability, and Academy’s Mission.
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals.
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Working knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems. (Cashier Only)
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence (Cashier Only)
- Ability to connect, build rapport and engage with our customers that bond with friends, family, and community through the challenge of sports and outdoor pursuits; bilingual a plus.
- Passionate and well-versed in the variety of outdoors hobbies, interests and skill sets such as fishing, hunting, competitive shooting, and camping. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- Operate and coach others on the use of POS equipment, symbol and telephone (Cashier Only)
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- 4+ years of personal experience with the outdoors hobbies, interests and skill sets; fishing and hunting experience preferred. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice preferred (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational excellence and expected sales targets. (Cashier Only)
- Loss Prevention or Criminal Justice background is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- Operating POS equipment, symbol, and telephone preferred. (Cashier Only)
CPR and First Responder certification is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
Company: Academy Sports And Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A