Website Academy Sports And Outdoors
- Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth .
At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. Our Store Team Members are an essential part of customer service in any Academy store. He/she is responsible for ensuring a fast, friendly customer service, to be able to navigate the abundance of choices Academy has to offer, in addition to impacting customer satisfaction, store profitability, and Academy’s Mission.
- The application process will require completion of a video introduction through the HireVue Digital Assessment that will allow you to share more than what is presented on your resume or application. We want to give you the opportunity to express your passion for sports and outdoors, and helping our customers.
- Complete online application, you will receive an email from Academy confirming submission.
- Upon completion of your online application, HireVue will send you an email with a link and instructions to complete the HireVue Digital
- Assessment. Click HERE to opt in to receive the assessment invite via text message. Message and data rates may apply.
- Must meet federal and state requirements for selling and procession firearms transactions. (Fishing and Hunting Sales Team Member Only)
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks with superior organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Operate and coach others on the use of POS equipment, symbol and telephone (Cashier Only)
- Must meet requirements to qualify to obtain/maintain FOID card (Illinois only). (Fishing and Hunting Sales Team Member Only)
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, plan-o-grams and procedure manuals.
- Working knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems. (Cashier Only)
- Writes routine reports and correspondence (Cashier Only)
- Ability to connect, build rapport and engage with our customers that bond with friends, family, and community through the challenge of sports and outdoor pursuits; bilingual a plus.
- Passionate and well-versed in the variety of outdoors hobbies, interests and skill sets such as fishing, hunting, competitive shooting, and camping. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- CPR and First Responder certification is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- 4+ years of personal experience with the outdoors hobbies, interests and skill sets; fishing and hunting experience preferred. (Outdoor Enthusiast Only)
- Loss Prevention or Criminal Justice background is a plus. (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice preferred (Asset Protection Team Member Only)
- In-direct support of people and processes to drive operational excellence and expected sales targets. (Cashier Only)
- Operating POS equipment, symbol, and telephone preferred. (Cashier Only)
Company: Academy Sports And Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A