Website Academy Sports And Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
- Management responsibility for the store Operations and actively participates in the personnel decisions of Operations team members, including, but not limited to, employee selection, training, discipline, termination and development.
- Responsible for holding team members accountable for compliance with established sales, safety and security practices and procedures in conjunction with local, state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for supervising the execution of various assignments as delegated by the Store Director in Playbook.
- Ensures the completion of departmental zoning and adherence to department, store and Company standards.
- Audits firearm sales in compliance with federal and state law, including properly completing ATF Form 4473 and conducting background checks, and signs off as final approver.
- Overall management responsibility for the execution and operational excellence of the entire store.
- Actively participates in floor walks with Regional Vice President, District Manager, and Store Director and creates an implementation plan to make changes based on feedback provided in store walks.
- Provides Operations departmental direction and daily supervisory oversight to Team Leads, Cashiers, Custodians, Asset Protection, Loss Prevention, Inventory Control and Seasonal Team Members to ensure exceptional customer service is the priority of interaction with customers.
- Develops and implements strategy for achieving weekly and monthly operational goals and completing tasks assigned to the store. This includes the development, analysis and implementation of the staffing, training, payroll hours and scheduling of team members.
- Manages workforce productivity, efficiency and process improvement projects and initiatives.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Effective problem solving and communication with customers and team members.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of team members, business partners, customers and the general public.
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of business implications of decisions, knowledge of market and competition and an orientation to profitability and established targets.
- Speaks clearly, positively and persuasively and demonstrates active listening in a variety of situations with team members, customers, business partners and the general public.
- Exceptional supervisory and management skills; ability to effectively coach team members on store policies, protocols and expectations; leads by example and effectively drives the performance of team members.
- Must meet requirements to qualify to obtain/maintain FOID card (Illinois only)
- Must meet federal and state requirements for selling and processing firearms transactions
- Writes reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading overall departments of up to 40 people to drive operational excellence and sales targets.
- At least three years of relevant work experience required.
Company: Academy Sports And Outdoors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A